Thursday, November 29, 2007

Etsy Features: Let it Snow!

I decided that today's Etsy feature will be a collaboration of artists with pieces displaying the little, sparkly, white flakes that I love so much starting to come out of the sky! Oh, how I love snow!!! And for those snow-hating people out there - maybe this will make you change your mind, or maybe just fall in love with the not-so-cold snow representations available...

First off is this cute snowflake pendent created and designed by pollyfusia, a lovely glass artist from Washington. I like so many of her pieces, but for the sake of snow, I'd like to show you Dichroic Snowflake pendent, found in her seasonal section (which also has an adorable green reindeer pendent too!).

Naturally, I'm drawn to all things sparkly (as I have discussed with other Etsians in the Etsy Chat rooms hee hee). The back of this pendent is also a light blue, which I think it a cute touch!

The next item is by design artist, Turtlepapers, based in Seattle. Turtle's designs are very concise, clean and simply put - gorgeous. Her Happy Holidays Snowflakes Note Cards are stunning. The front image wraps all the way around the the back, creating a seamless card.

Turtle also offers her designs on clothing, in personalized stationary, art prints, and through greeting, note and gift tags. There is also a Holiday section, with two other favourites that I can't decide between: Merry Christmas Penguins Note Cards and Christmas Tree Note Cards. The penguins are just too cute, but I love the composition of the Christmas tree card.


Here we have a watercolour art print, Red Boots and Snow, from hushmouse created by Maggie Hurley, from Berkeley. It's such an adorable piece, which probably brings every women back in time to when she was a child playing in the snow and try to catch it on your tongue. I really like the red that this artist has used in this piece as well, it brightens it up so much, and just gives a nice, warm, happy, fuzzy feeling!

I love how she mentions in her profile about her cat, Miette, being and inspiration to her artwork - that is exactly was my kitty, Oreo does for me. Having him around when I work is crucial - if he's not there, I will actually go find him and bring him back (even if that means stealing him away from other people - but he is technically mine hee hee).

There is also a series about an owl named Herbert. I think that it is absolutely adorable! My favourite would be Herbert Believes He is King of the Sea. Her pieces are filled to the brim with imagination.




4 comments:

Amanda said...

Eeek!! Herbert is adorable!! :)

Amanda said...

Eck.. I know all about waiting and saving. There are so many beautiful things I want ~ and hardly any of them are under $10!

Anonymous said...

At timeѕ, issuers of exсhange-traded pгoducts compеnsаte
Pacifіc Paгk Finаnciаl, buѕineѕs Inc.
Balance sheet proϳеctions, togеther with
impressive new сloud and social benefits.

Best Buy flip floppеd. If those гeasonѕ leԁ to bankruptcy, not ρrosρerіty.


Alsο visit my wеb sіte: internet marketing training online

Anonymous said...

Askingg questions are truly fastidious thing if you aree not understanding
anything completely, but tis piece of writing provides fastidious understanding yet.


Here iss my wweb blog ... m88bc