Friday, July 16, 2010

Flax Field Oil Painting


This is one of my first oil paintings that I'm selling, and I'm quite proud of it! I was inspired when I was visiting my parents in Northern Ontario. They have started growing flax up there - and when the fields are in bloom it is just gorgeous! Just sprawling fields of purple. There's not many of these fields up there either - from what my dad told me, there was only one farmer in their specific area that was tacking this plant. But I am thankful someone is - it was just so pretty.

I added a little 'smudge' of brown in the sky as well, to give it an 'old' / Polaroid feel. Sort of vintage-like. I hope you enjoy this painting, and I hope that I have many more to share with you!

It is available for sale in my Etsy store.

3 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

The colors are beautiful!

Lori P said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.