Sunday, July 24, 2011

Coming Soon To My Mailbox!

I hope everyone likes my new banner. I thought I needed something more summery, cheerful and festive :). I changed the banner in my shop as well to match - I really like the font that I used for the 'Jellybeans'

I ordered some new art technique books from Amazon the other night, I cannot wait to get them!

I've been wanting to do more mixed media pieces, and utilize texture and the different additive mediums more in my acrylic work. I started, but then I realized that I needed just a little guidance - sometimes, it's just easier to read about the right and wrong way, than to 'waste' valuable materials on them ;). So I purchased this book, to advise me on how to use some of the mediums properly so they don't crack, or peel off as the layers get thicker.This second books teaches about more extreme textures, something that I was definitely wanting guidance on so that my art doesn't fall apart from heavy weight, ect.

I hope these books arrive soon so that I can start dabbling! Winter is coming, and my job won't require me to work as much (ehm, no more 8 to 10 day working streaks with a random day off in between here and there). I'll have more time for painting and dabbling.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

love the new banners - and those books look like so much fun! looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Mary Richmond said...

ooh! looks like you're going to be having lots of fun trying out new stuff....