Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Creative Space

This week has been very busy at work - I worked the weekend, and then got called back in at least once per night. So I didn't have too much time to be very creative....but I did squeeze in some sketchbook time during breaks. And I started a new painting...but there's lots to do on that still...

An overhead sketch of a layout of where I grew up, my parents farm (on right), and then a sketch of my hand holding that page (on left):


Of an elephant scene from nationalgeographic.com:


Of a street scene from nationalgeographic.com (I don't often draw buildings, but this scene had such vivid colours I was drawn to it...I only noted them with words for future reference in case I get the unlikely urge to paint some buildings).


Plans for my painting below with a thumbnail sketch, and some sea anemone :


This is the starting of my painting. It's 24x24", with acrylic paints - I want lots of thin layers, and so I need it to dry quickly or it would take forever :)


The first few layers down, but the next time you see it, it will be drastically different. This piece will be prominently white I think - I just want the odd bits of these colours to peak out.


Please see more creative spaces, here.

8 comments:

belinda marshall said...

it's looking and sounding busy but fun at yours :)

simona said...

how nice that you got to make sketches in your breaks! i love the one with your hand holding the sketch book. you probably have hundreds of these, as do i... that subject is simply always "on hand", haha!

Michelle Walker said...

Its always funny to look back at the start of a painting when you get to the end. Looking great so far.
Mxo

Anna said...

These drawing are so lovely. You really have a talent! And I will definitively check out nationalgeographic.com for more things to draw, as I sometimes lack things to draw around me. Have a great day!

Irene MissyMinzy said...

love the sketching esp the sea anemone :)

Rachel said...

I love to see paintings in progress. Thanks for posting pics!

yardage girl said...

Amazing work - I love watching ideas progress to finished works. Thanks so much for sharing!

lamina @ do a bit said...

I love seeing sketches and the process of them coming to life!! Looks like your painting is going to look great :)