Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Creative Space

This week has been very busy at work - I worked the weekend, and then got called back in at least once per night. So I didn't have too much time to be very creative....but I did squeeze in some sketchbook time during breaks. And I started a new painting...but there's lots to do on that still...

An overhead sketch of a layout of where I grew up, my parents farm (on right), and then a sketch of my hand holding that page (on left):


Of an elephant scene from nationalgeographic.com:


Of a street scene from nationalgeographic.com (I don't often draw buildings, but this scene had such vivid colours I was drawn to it...I only noted them with words for future reference in case I get the unlikely urge to paint some buildings).


Plans for my painting below with a thumbnail sketch, and some sea anemone :


This is the starting of my painting. It's 24x24", with acrylic paints - I want lots of thin layers, and so I need it to dry quickly or it would take forever :)


The first few layers down, but the next time you see it, it will be drastically different. This piece will be prominently white I think - I just want the odd bits of these colours to peak out.


Please see more creative spaces, here.

8 comments:

gretchenmist . . . {belinda} said...

it's looking and sounding busy but fun at yours :)

simona said...

how nice that you got to make sketches in your breaks! i love the one with your hand holding the sketch book. you probably have hundreds of these, as do i... that subject is simply always "on hand", haha!

Michelle @ rockMYroll said...

Its always funny to look back at the start of a painting when you get to the end. Looking great so far.
Mxo

Halina said...

These drawing are so lovely. You really have a talent! And I will definitively check out nationalgeographic.com for more things to draw, as I sometimes lack things to draw around me. Have a great day!

Irene aka Minzy said...

love the sketching esp the sea anemone :)

Rachel said...

I love to see paintings in progress. Thanks for posting pics!

yardage girl said...

Amazing work - I love watching ideas progress to finished works. Thanks so much for sharing!

lamina @ do a bit said...

I love seeing sketches and the process of them coming to life!! Looks like your painting is going to look great :)