Sunday, June 20, 2010

New painting books!

As many of you know, I am no where near formally trained. But that's okay :) I like to read, so I have tons of art books - both instruction and just compilations of beautiful works. The books are not only bery instructional, but they are wonderfully inspirational.

The first one I have acquired is, Painting peaceful country landscapes, by Annette Dozier. I got lucky, this book was on sale at my local art store for $7-ish.

The second is Clouds & Skies, by William F. Powell. I am still trying to perfect my clouds and incorporate them into my painting styles.

I can't wait to really get into these books :) I'm planning on visiting my parents in the country soon - maybe I'll bring some paints with me :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Painting in the country sounds lovely. I was not gifted in the painting department!