Monday, March 24, 2008

Pounce Feature: LenaKotliarker

I know I haven't posted in awhile, but I thought that I'd start of this week with my Pounce Feature! This week, I'm featuring Etsy artist Elena Kotliarker, from Israel!

The colour in her whimsical paintings caught my eye, and so I have favourited her this weekend to feature her this week! She uses an encaustic method in her painting, where she puts down layers of wax and paint together to create original, and beautiful pieces of art.

Seen here are her paintings (top left to bottom right): Jordan River, The Flower Glade (detail), Blue Butterflies (detail), Alef-Bet.

Her lovely paintings are sure to light up any room!

2 comments:

Mytutorlist.com said...

I love that song too! Thanks for sharing it! I've been hearing it on the radio for a while now and I've always liked it.

I just happened to find your blog and I realize now that I've posted about your art before. I often post art items from various Etsy sellers. I'll see if I can track down that posting about you...

Mytutorlist.com said...

Ah, found it: http://mytutorlist.blogspot.com/2008/01/colourful-blobs-of-paint.html