Friday, July 11, 2008

Circle of Friends!


"Circle of Friends" - 9 x 12" Watercolor painting

I finished this painting last night. It's based on two things: the song "Circle of Friends" by Better Than Ezra and an actual group of trees at my parents place. Those four trees have been at my parents place ever since I remember, and since there's no other around them; if trees could talk, they would have made a great friendship :)

I thought I'd try presenting it in a frame - we'll see how it goes, it's currently being critiqued in the forums :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love it ~ it's so pretty! If I were going to frame it, I would go for an all natural, darker wood. I find the white a bit stark with the white background of your paintings.

Lauren Alexander said...

so beautiful! I think trees definately have personalities and of course then, friends! :-)