Friday, February 6, 2009

What have I gotten myself into....

I have a painting in progress to share with you :) It seemed like such a great idea at the start, but now I'm realizing a flaw in the plan: there are so many rocks to paint! Hehe. No lies, this one might take awhile to get done. I haven't done anything with so much detail in awhile, it kinda feels nice - and exhausting - at the same time. It's only going to get more meticulous with the smaller the stones; but I'm expecting a good end result, or at least, fingers crossed! Please don't mind the pictures, they weren't edited in photoshop for colour correction or anything.

I have a coat of light blue for the 'background' - just so I'm not painting on white, and to mute the white a little. As well, some of the stones drawn in with blue paint.
Here are some of the stone painted in. I'm using a bunch of different, "unnatural" colours. I know it doesn't make it look 100% realistic, but I think it makes it more interesting :)

Here's a close up, the colours are a little bit muted here by the camera. As you can see, lots and lots of work. There's still more stones to put in than just the ones already drawn in; so like my title, I don't know what I've gotten myself into hehe.

It'll be awhile before this piece is done, but I'll keep you posted :)

No comments: