Saturday, July 25, 2009

Stopping and smelling the roses...

It's so easy to stop and smell the roses when they're sitting beside me in my studio all the time. :) This is one of the lovely orange blossoms. As it gets a little older, the petals turn a nice pinkish shade. It's like a sunset in a blossom!

To those who read a couple months ago about my rose plant purchase - yes, this is still the same one. It's doing quite well and it hasn't even come close to dying yet :) I think my favourite part about this rose plant is that it's not the typical red / pink. The orange blossoms are just so cheery.

1 comment:

Sarah Knight said...

I photograph a lot of the flowers I grow in my yard, and every once in a while I have to remember to stop and smell them... it often slips my mind, which is so silly.

Your rose is lovely : )