Saturday, August 21, 2010

Book Review: The Wild Things

I would like to first start by saying I have not yet watched this movie, but it is definitely on my list of movies to see since I want to know the differences, and how the characters are portrayed in the movie sense. The book, The Wild Things, by Dave Egger was not exactly what I had hoped for. I guess since the children's book was so amazing, I was looking for some more fairy tale, mystic sort of story.

I wasn't completely disappointed. It was still an interesting story. The characters were well developed, and the 'monsters' began to have human characteristics. It's was sort of a tug-o-war about whether the monsters were more human than not. One moment they would be engaging very complex situations, and then another they were beyond wild.

This story is worth a read if you enjoyed the children's book.

I give this book a 3 fuzzy monsters out of 5.

Now, I just had to find some time to watch the movie so that I can compare the two!

No comments: