Monday, August 23, 2010

The Creative Process: Fall Colours Trends

I've been working in my sketchbooks and painting up some fall-based pieces. I used to go into these projects head on, but now I've started to get a little organized and try to put a plan in place. Now, this isn't to say I can't help myself from diving head on into an idea...you can't stop greatness!

Now this upcoming season is the first time that I've looked at colours trends. This season, being autumn 2010. Typical colours of course are the reds, oranges and deep yellows. But, I wanted to see what colours were the trendy ones, so that I could incorporate more colours into my pieces.

Through short reasearch, I came up with the below colour trends for the 2010 autumn season:

Any colours that I personally adjusted for myself, I renamed for myself. But some of the colours you may already recognize: they were released in the Pantone fashion color fall report. As you can see, they do still have a traditional yellow, but there's also a beautiful blue, and some lovely greens.

3 comments:

Rita said...

I love the fall color trends for this year. :)

Stephanie said...

I just checked out your Etsy shop, and your work is beautiful! You are SO added to my favorites.

Unknown said...

I love the fall color trends this year... especially endive and dusty charcoal (and wouldn't they look fabulous together!).