Saturday, September 24, 2011

Doodling Heaven

I recently received an order in the mail, and what did I find in the box as well: a crazy long piece of Kraft paper. Of course, I am going to recycle it.

But, first I thought that I might doodle on it for a little bit…why not? How often are you presented with the opportunity to doodle on such a large piece of paper without pressure or drawing something ‘worthy of attention"’…you know what I mean, you always save your more careful drawings / paintings for your better quality papers.

Here is a peak at some of the doodling that I had completed before it got too dark to take decent pictures:

I was playing with some various coloured conté and some charcoal. It was lots of fun and very relaxing to just sprawl on the floor and let loose with the drawing materials.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

I know that feeling. I taped four posterboards together one day, set it out on the patio and just doodle painted all over it. It felt so relaxing and free...like childhood.