Saturday, November 26, 2011

Weekend Getaways

A couple weekends ago, James and I went to Collingwood for a weekend escape. Work has been crazy this summer for both of us, and probably won’t slow down until after Christmas. Our getaway was also in celebration of 5 years together (back in September). We went for the weekend, turned off our phones, and just enjoyed each other’s company. Yes, he’s grown a moustache for Movemberyou can donate to his team, here

IMG_1813

We both work shift work – I’m a medical radiation technologist (aka: x-ray technologist), and he is a paramedic. So sometimes, I’m going to work when he’s going to bed. Not so romantic, and not a lot of time together sometimes. View from the top of the blue mountains:

I can’t say I’m sorry that we’ve been so busy – it’s sort of a Catch 22: I do love that we both have employment in similar fields, since we can then discuss with each other difficult and interesting cases. He’s also sometimes stationed at my hospital, so there are many patients that he bring in with the ambulance, and that I later x-ray.

We went to the Blue Mountain Village. This is a year round resort – but it’s best known as a ski resort. November, being an off season: no summer activities and no winter activities yet – proved to be the perfect time to go with lots of discounts.

We never had to leave the village: it has shops, activities, spa, restaurants and an excellent night life. It reminds me of a Christmas village, it’s just too cute!

We ended up hiking the ‘blue mountains’ as well – what a work out! We ate so much delicious food that weekend, and I think the hike alone worked it all off.

IMG_1797

We also picked up our snowboard passes while we were there – so excited for this season, living so close to the hill this year!…now we just have to wait for the snow, and it will be bliss. Can’t wait to ride on those chairs again, soon:

2 comments:

wdn th said...

i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
(u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

Lizzie Barbie said...

Awesome pictures!